Thursday 19 October 2017

Winding Yarn Skeins - Childhood Memories

Two skeins of Malabrigo Worsted Verde Adriana and Chapel Stone

This post came from the fact that I recently wound some skeins of Malabrigo Worsted yarn. I couldn't but remember the hundreds of times I saw my grandmother doing the same task. Opening that kitchen drawer where she would put the skein around, grabbing the bench and...go! She had the habit of timing it, so that she could improve her score next time. :-D 

Tow balls of Malabrigo Worsted Yarn Verde Adriana and Chapel Stone

My basic knowledge of crochet comes from what she taught me. And, although the pieces I produce nowadays have nothing to do with her type work (lace crochet), a little bit of her is still there.
I wish many times that I could discuss my ideas with her, show her the wonders that one can find on the millions of websites available. (She would love the free patterns!) Since that is not possible, I'll carry on following this passion that she left in my heart, always trying to improve my technique, searching for new sources of inspiration, so that the next piece is an improvement on the last.


No comments:

Post a Comment